Driving around London isn’t the easiest thing at the best of times.
It takes confidence, a ballsy attitude, a vague sense of direction or in lieu of that, a working sat nav, and in order to stop yourself becoming bus fodder, the biggest 4×4 you can find.
Part of the battle is keeping on the right side of your fellow drivers. They’re a ragey bunch in Zone 1, and hell hath no fury like a Black cab driver cut up on the A40.
As a general rule, you might want to avoid doing the following things:
1. Getting stuck in the yellow box at traffic lights
2. Using bus lanes during the working week
3. Stopping on words that read “Keep Clear”
4. Obstructing busy junctions
And last but not least,
5. Breaking down on top of a Keep Clear sign, blocking a junction, next to a bus lane, on one of the busiest roads in central London, say…The Strand.
Altogether now, “bugger”.
I hope you found this helpful.